1._How do I get from the airport to my hotel in Charlottesville?
A: You can book to ride the shuttle service from Dulles International Airport and Richmond International Airport to Charlottesville which will be available starting July 27 to July 30, 2018. Click here for the transportation schedule.
There will be a Welcome Desk at both airports and will be manned from 9am to 7pm from July 27 to July 30. Location of the desks are:
Dulles International Airport – Between Baggage Claims 2 and 3
Richmond International Airport – Lower level Baggage Claim area
2. How do I get from my hotel to the tournament site?
A: A 76-seater coach will run a continuous 60 minute loop around the official hotels, college dorms, and three squash facilities. This service ($48 per person) will run from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm from Saturday, July 28 to Saturday, August 4. The service will also operate to and from our official functions. Check the website for a downloadable/printable version of the shuttle loop service pick-up and drop-off times. Click here to sign up.
3. How do I sign up to get transportation to and from the airport?
A: Click here to sign up.
4. What are the official hotels of the tournament?
A: You can find the list of the official tournament hotels on our website at www.wmsquash.com and click on the Accommodation tab. All hotel reservations must be made directly with the hotels and are subject to that specific hotels booking and cancellation rules.
5. What are my options if all the official hotel partners are fully booked?
A: You can check Hotels.com or Expedia.com for other hotels. However, you may have to provide your own transportation if the hotel you picked is not near any of the venues serviced by the shuttle.
6. What do I do if my flight comes in after the last shuttle has already left the airports?
A: You have the option to take the hotel shuttle and spend the night at either Hyatt Regency Dulles if you’re landing in Washington Dulles OR Four Points by Sheraton at Richmond Airport if you’re landing in Richmond International. We’ve made arrangements with both hotels for a special room rate of $89 per night plus tax at Hyatt and $109 per night plus tax at Four Points. The links to book these rooms are:
These rooms will need to be booked by July 1 to get the special rate.
7. If I didn’t sign up to attend the welcome, opening, mid-week or closing ceremonies during my initial registration, can I sign up later on?
A: We have limited number of spots for these functions so you need to sign up as soon as possible but no later than June 15, 2018.
8. Where can I find a listing of shops and restaurants in Charlottesville.
A: We’ve created a venue guide for you which you will find here.
9. How do I get a formal invitation to the tournament in order to get a visa?
A: Send an email to email@example.com and we will send you a formal letter you can use to get a visa to the US. Be sure to include the following information in your email.
Entry Number: __________________
Country of Origin: _______________
Passport Number: _______________
10. Any suggestions on laundry facilities?
A: The hotels all have laundry service for an additional fee. There are also several self-serve Laundromats around Charlottesville if you rather do your own laundry. Hydraulic Wash (434-977-7837) across the street from The Shops at Stonefield is an easy walk from several official Tournament hotels. The Mother Load (704-363-2040) offers next-day laundry pickup and delivery service.
11. If I’m not playing and looking for something to do during tournament week, what are my options?
A: Go to the tournament website and click on Things To Do.